Friday, May 30, 2008

May 30th - We are in Burgos


We spent last evening and this morning in a favourite place - Santo Domingo de Silos. It is a functioning monastery in a small town south of Burgos. Our hotel is a small Renaissance palace, and the monks conduct vespers and mass to the strains of gregorian chant. The picture on the left is the monastery´s cloister. The upper level is supported by unusual double columns and each of the capitals tells a story of its own.
This posting is also meant to serve as a test. I think I may have found computer equipment and software that will let me post pictures. The equipment is, however, located in a room with lots of lights in the ceiling, but no light switch. I almost had to dismantle the computer equipment to find a USB port. But that´s life. We will see if I can add more this evening or tomorrow.
John

No comments: